The Territory Government is creating jobs for Territorians.
During the month of June 2019 alone 57 construction contracts valued over $31 million were awarded to 100% local Territory business.
The benefits of these contracts can be felt right across the Territory with more than 100 jobs being created.
- Construction of tourism entry statements in Tennant Creek
- A design and construction project for Field 2 at TIO Stadium in Darwin
- Construction of a new jetty at Nitmiluk National Park in Katherine
- A new shade structure and play equipment for Bradshaw Primary School in Alice Springs
- Remote housing projects across the Northern Territory.
Local businesses are encouraged to apply for upcoming works as there are currently 20 tenders out to market valued at approximately $33 million, and estimated to support more than 150 local jobs.
An estimated value of $205 million worth of tenders is currently being assessed by the Northern Territory Government, and is forecasted to support more than 500 hundred new local Territory jobs.
This Government is backing local Territory business through our new and improved Buy Local Policy, which creates and supports local jobs across the Territory.
Source: NT Government