Dial Before You Dig launches elevated referral service on schedule. DBYD NextGen is live and apps are available to download now.
Dial Before You Dig has launched DBYD NextGen, the major redevelopment of its referral service that connects workers with utility asset owners faster and supports the provision of more accurate information about what is below a proposed dig site.
DBYD CEO Stuart Burdack said the benefits of DBYD NextGen resulted in safer construction and excavation that get workers home to their families without harm and prevents damage to the $400 billion dollars’ worth of underground utilities that keep Australian businesses and households ticking.
“We are delighted to launch DBYD NextGen right on schedule. It has been four years since the decision to embark on this major redevelopment which has included two years of research and review culminating in the adoption of the DBYD NextGen Blueprint; 12 months of finding the right development and delivery partners; and 12 months of building and testing the service.
“The opportunities for feedback, input and two-way communication via a range of working groups representing asset owner members and construction industry users have ensured that DBYD NextGen is fit for purpose and delivers a contemporary, digital user-experience that is more mobile, easier to use, integrates with internal applications to connect asset owners with workers faster and provide more accurate information, easily.
“This really has been a collaborative process between our delivery partners ESRI Australia and Deloitte Consulting, our asset owner members and DBYD referral service users,” Burdack said.
The DBYD NextGen app can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
DBYD NextGen key benefits for users:
– Work with an improved user interface.
– Find dig sites easily and precisely thanks to our partnership with Esri Australia using cutting-edge Geospatial Information System (GIS) technology.
– Search sites by lot or DP number using improved/enhanced mapping with better imagery.
– Set enquiries to auto renew for big projects.
– Create enquiries in bulk.
– Negate the need to redraw dig sites by uploading shapefiles straight into DBYD NextGen.
– Easily share information about specific locations with your team.
– Have two-way communication about the condition of underground assets and report damage.
DBYD NextGen key benefits for asset owners:
– Use simple, self-service administration and reporting.
– Integrate seamlessly with third-party response solutions already used by asset owners giving them options for receiving and responding to referrals (webmail, webhooks or API) and improving response times.
– Pinpoint enquiries on a map-based search screen.
– Receive damage reports from workers on the ground.
– Search across a full referral history.
– View digs on real-time activity dashboard, in list format or on a map, including the ability to integrate mapping applications to view digs near company assets.
– View reports online or download a CSV file.
This article was first published in The Fence magazine.