Mortimer Street COLORBOND® steel Fencing Project by PH Fencing in Mudgee, NSW.
PH Fencing gave Australian Fencing Awards some key information on their Mortimer Street COLORBOND® steel Fencing Project.
Challenges involved in the project
- The greatest challenge was providing a stable 2.1m fence as a privacy fence on a decent slope.
- Due to the height and the slope, we had no choice but to step the fence.
- The fence had to be built on the inside of a brick wall. The were also two other sections of fence, requiring different heights and material.
- Privacy was of great concern and we had to schedule the build into an already busy period.
- Access was tricky, as was staging the sections around other works in progress.
Products used on the project
- We used COLORBOND REFLECT 2100mm in Monument with 75 x 75mm powdercoated steel posts in between panels to stabilise.
- On the opposing side of the yard, we utilised COLORBOND Alleysleepers in Monument also under 1.8m panels of the same COLORBOND fence to increase the height.
Outcome of the project
- The fence was installed and to date there have been no issues with privacy or wind issues.
- The steel posts installed between panels were concreted in ground 1100mm, and stepped every two to three panels.
- The Alleysleepers installed on the opposing side looked fantastic.
- The client was happy and continued on with the renovations.
This project by PH Fencing has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2021.