Sapphire Engineered Bamboo Fence Project by House of Bamboo in Castlecrag.
House of Bamboo gave Australian Fencing Awards some key information on their Sapphire Engineered Bamboo Fence Project.
Challenges involved in the project
- The fence had to be installed in a narrow passage connecting the front of the house and the backyard, along the right side of the house.
- It gets very little natural light so the owner wanted it to be high enough for privacy but not too high to not block the sun.
Products used on the project
- We used one of the five designs available in our SeaChange Series, a range of engineered bamboo battens and screens.
- The model used in this project is our most interesting design, called Sapphire.
- It is composed of 4 thin battens and 2 thicker battens creating relief along the fence.
Outcome of the project
- By choosing a tall engineered bamboo screen with a rare design, we managed to create this feeling of privacy and security the owner wanted while giving a natural finish that reflects natural light and embellishes what was previously a merely practical space.
This project by House of Bamboo has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2021.